No audio through VBAN but chat and ping pass.

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: No audio through VBAN but chat and ping pass.

Post by Vincent Burel »

No, it means that on your PC1, you have another application running, using the same UPD port (VBAN2MIDI, VM-Streamer View...).
stoepie

Post by stoepie »

On that pc, run command (or better yet, powershell) as admin, and type:

Code: Select all

netstat -anbp udp
It will give you a list of UDP ports that are open, and it will tell you which application it is that has the specific port open.

For example, I see:

UDP 0.0.0.0:6980 *:*
[voicemeeter8.exe]

Which tells me voicemeeter8.exe has opened UDP port 6980 on any/all adapters.
Soullesss

Post by Soullesss »

I used a programm called TCP View and I found out that there was a process without name which hasn't been closed properly. That process opened the port 6980, so the port remained opened. It's not clear what application created this process (there was no name), it might have need Voicemeeter. Restarting PC fixed it but I have to watch for that not to happen again.

With regards to the no audio issue - I got it fixed. That was clearly a bug in Voicemeeter Banana because I manually entered the default port number in VBAN window and audio started going through. So, 6980 was already entered by default and shown as green, but only after I re-entered it manually by keyboard - audio started going through. I hope the developer can make sure that this isn't a wide spread bug!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, strange. This could be interesting for us if you could describe a step by step to reproduce the problem if possible.
Soullesss

Post by Soullesss »

Vincent Burel wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:48 am ok, strange. This could be interesting for us if you could describe a step by step to reproduce the problem if possible.
I'm unable to reproduce it so far. I suspect (but can't prove) that the issue was caused by "Fast Startup" of Windows 10 which is enabled by default. It's basically hybrid shutdown, similar to hibernation when processes suspend instead of terminating upon shutdown. It's possible that Voicemeeter process hung that way without closing the port, although there was some manufacturing abbreviation listed with that partially dead process which does not suggest that it belonged to Voicemeeter.... Please pay attention to how Voicemeeter process behaves with hibernation/hybrid shutdown, if you can.

I've since disabled Fast Startup. So far the issue hasn't manifested again.
Last edited by Soullesss on Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soullesss

Post by Soullesss »

And also, I've seen another post on some forum where someone complained about a similar thing: they reinstalled Voicemeeter and VBAN started working, so it's possible that they also had Fast Startup or hibernation enabled which messed up Voicemeeter processes/ports...