Zoom only partially accepting (voicemeeter) audio?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
stoepie

Zoom only partially accepting (voicemeeter) audio?

Post by stoepie »

So, I was able to investigate (with sllim) the issue sllim has with his zoom as per this topic : click and we are now both really amazed why things don't exactly work as expected.

Sllim has his voicemeeter setup running perfectly well, either by direct virtual output into zoom, or via a virtual cable we see:

-Sllim's microphone just works, always
-When playing music the first second or two is muted then the music is going through
-Sound effects are mostly muted except when playing them directly after playing music; they then work

We tried settings in zoom like 'high fidelity' and 'no noise cancellation' and so on. Nothing helped.

We just could not get zoom to allow for sound effects to be audible. They weren't muted at my end, they did not even register on zoom's input meter.

Sllim even tried recording the audio to voicemeeters 'cassette recorder' and playing from there; same effect. VM's meters did show the audio was there, zoom was quiet.

Is zoom's 'strange noise' cancellation that strict?

If anyone has any ideas... please share them here.

For the record; I was trying to help sllim, not looking for the money he offered. If I would have been able to get it working for him I would have asked him to donate to Vincent.

-David