Problems with Voicemeter Virtual Outputs

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
bugler

Problems with Voicemeter Virtual Outputs

Post by bugler »

Hey all! I'm having a major issue with Voicemeter Potato and I'm hoping someone knowledgeable on here can help me with it 🙏

For the past couple of days, my virtual outputs will not output sound to any other application (OBS Classic, Skype, etc) despite showing a signal on Voicemeter Potato. I've been using the same setup for a long time with no issues, assigning my virtual sound sources to the VM virtual inputs then channelling them to my desired physical and virtual inputs.

I've sent my audio output to all three virtual outs (B1, B2, B3) and all three are showing a sound signal on voicemeter, but when I select either Voicemeter Output, Voicemeter Aux Output or Voicemeter VAIO3 Output on the other application, the result is always silence.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Voicemeter and all of my VB cables multiple times, one after the other and restarted my system after every installation/de-installation. I deleted all of the Voicemeter entries from the windows registry and deleted my voicemeter configuration files. I ran VBDeviceCheck.exe and no errors are found. All of my Voicemeter devices are active in the windows device manager and there doesn't seem to be any errors there. All of my sources in Voicemeter and windows are set to 48000 hz.

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate that there is no sound coming through the virtual outputs on the windows sound control panel, or any other software. The setup is just a quick example to get some sound into voicemeter and out of the outputs since I deleted my regular configuration.

I hope someone can help me with this please! I'm about 15 hours into fixing the problem with no real progress made. The only other step I can think of at this point is to re install windows which seems like an unnecessary pain in the ass...
voicemeter.png
voicemeter.png (396.38 KiB) Viewed 7535 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Voicemeter Virtual Outputs

Post by Vincent Burel »

New Windows 11 Audio Options can "NOT ALLOW" applications to connect to a recording (or playback) device.

And if you open a control panel related to Voicemeeter VAIO's it seems the output (the recording device) is not connected at all... like the system was preventing application to connect to our virtual output (which are microphone devices = windows input device)...

So the solution seems to be in Windows audio options:
- Check Privacy setting regarding microphone.
- Or more specifically in System -> Sound -> Input section : check that Voicemeeter VAIOs are present here, otherwise go in advanced section to click on "all sound devices" and allow Voicemeeter VAIOs inputs.