Macro Buttons Feature Request

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Monotab

Macro Buttons Feature Request

Post by Monotab »

First, thanks for developing a great product. I have a few "wish list" requests for future Macro Button enhancements to share. Maybe some of them will make it into a future release?

1. A system call to set the PC default sound mic and speakers from the MB scripts. [/b]

Use Case:

I use MBs to "reconfigure" my PC depending on what I am doing. Sometimes I use a Yamaha AG06 as an audio interface for Zoom/Skype conferences, Other times is use the native PC mic/speakers or DI directly from a Headrush gigboard multi effects unit. Depending on the rig I'm using I set the PC defaults differently. At present, I use a 3rd party utility called NIRCMD to do this, but its the only reason I have it installed.

System.Execute("%UTILS%\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe", "%temp%", "' setdefaultsounddevice %'Speakers% '");

But this is the only reason I have NIRCMD installed on my system. I'd really like some MB system calls to do something like

System.Setdefaultdevice = "%'Speakername% '");
System.Setdefaultdevice = "%'Micname% '");

2. Re-sizeable Edit windows or tabbed edit windows in the MB editor.

Use Case:

When editing the longer MB scripts, only a few lines of the script are visible, which can be a little frustrating. I'd really like to either be able to resize the edit window, or (this is my preferred option) have one resizeable edit window selected by tabs for Initial State, Button On and Button Off. This would let me see the majority (if not all) of the script for each event.

3. Drag and drop macro button placement

Use Case:

It would be really useful to be able to edit the placement of the buttons in the grid by drag and drop or some other means. (I realise this is tricky because the grid coordinates of the buttons would need to be updated wherever they are referenced by other buttons.

4. A single call to momentarily press a MB from a script

Use Case:

When using a script to press and release a button, I believe that you presently have to script it as:

Button(xy).State = 1
Button(xy).State = 0

It would be really useful to be able to do something like:

Button(xy).push
or
Button(xy).State += 1

to momentarily change the button state. This is especially useful when operating buttons configured as "push" from a script.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Macro Buttons Feature Request

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your feedback,

1- Noted, but We have no such function validated available for the moment.
2- Noted (to be studied)
3- Not planned.
4- Noted (to be studied)
Monotab

Re: Macro Buttons Feature Request

Post by Monotab »

Thanks for the response. :D