denoiser (mono) and other things

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
dg9bfc_sigi

denoiser (mono) and other things

Post by dg9bfc_sigi »

potatoe is my all day workhorse for sound
i needed 4 soundouts for my different speakers and so the mixer solved a few problems here for my software defined radio station (i am a ham radio guy)
so far so good
i also route my mic audio over one bus (with three additional vst plugins via lighthost) ... and one for system sounds ...i can hear them but they are not sended out by default over the air .. but can be sent out if needed ... grin

the gate is nice to surpress the slight hiss noise on receive if nobody is talking (total quiet on receive on a free frequency!) ... bingo! well done!!

also denoiser is nice to lower high pitched hiss a bit but could be a bit more agressive on upmost setting

only thing that is bad is that the denoiser switches all to mono!! ... would be nice if denoiser would keep two channels .. yes i know .. two instances of that audio subroutine needed then ... maybe on one of the next updates??
a 2 channel denoiser in each slot (single knob like we have but two sound channels for left right or multichannel where needed)
so a "stereo" or multi channel denoiser?? ... maybe with a bit higher max denoising on value 10??

so hopefuly you update that thingy to stereo (or more) on the slots

and now for user interface:
double click left sets gain to 0 db (full) on sliders .. ok on that
also sets reverb comp etc to 0 (turn knobs)
right mouse button opens a value box on sliders (or opens other control boxes like reverb, eq etc)
could you also make a box open (to type in value) for THE TURN KNOBS (be it gate, comp, reverb, whatever)??
on EACH control we can set to 0 ...(double click left) (slidder or knob)
or hold left button and pull or turn slider or knob
or with right mouse button open a box to direct set back the value we want (only slider now!)
control with rolling around with mouse or using a mousewheel is ok but a bit difficult with a touchpad (laptop)
adding a value box for turn knobs via right button would be superb so then it would make same function on slider and knob
single left button (pull or turn while holding) ... on sliders and knobs change setting
double click (reset/set to 0) ... on sliders and knobs
right button (open value box) ... on sliders now ... please add knobs also with such a box
i guess also other users would love that :-)
greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps the mixer has so many functions it may overflood a new user, but after a bit of try and error i must say SUPER SUPER SUPER SOFTWARE :-) thank you for that nice thingy!!