Sound is distorted after major update on Windows 10.

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
ST311

Sound is distorted after major update on Windows 10.

Post by ST311 »

Hi. I've been using both products audio cable and voicemeteer banana for over a year by now. And I've never had any complains about neither of those products.

Mostly I watch movies with my friends online using MPC media player for that purpose. I had virtual cable input device specified as an output method in MPC.

Everything was working fine for me and I never tried to use any other media player like VLC or OBS and I was greatly satisfied with what I had.

But after some major Win10 update around 1.5 months ago the output sound people been getting in my chat room became garbled up and distorted.

I tried clean install\reinstall with rebooting in between these steps but that didn't work out well.

I haven't tried using the other player just yet though. Probably the issue would go away for other software but something is telling me it is not really MPC to blame.

So I figured I should refer for the help to this forum.

Is there any specific steps you could recommend me before I go for full windows install\reinstall job?

Currently my win10 version Image

And that is what people hear in the chat instead of audio https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKenRI ... sp=sharing
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Sound is distorted after major update on Windows 10.

Post by Vincent Burel »

there is already a well known thread on the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442