Bug? Applications in virtual strip not refreshing

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
FragtioN

Bug? Applications in virtual strip not refreshing

Post by FragtioN »

Edit: Just realised this is in the wrong sub-forum. sorry about that, please feel free to move it.

Hello

According to the manual: "Generally speaking, the virtual inputs strip should reflect the related Windows Volume Mixer state (without the System Sounds Control) up to 11 applications. If an application is disconnected, Voicemeeter should be notified and will remove it from the list. If it remains in the list, a “Restart Audio Engine” should correctly refresh the list of connected applications"

Indeed I am seeing this described behavior, where the apps are not automatically refreshing... which is quite distracting, as sometimes I'll adjust an application's fader and nothing happens, or sound is playing and I can't see which fader it was from. I realized this can be fixed using "Restart Audio Engine" (as the manual suggests), but the lack of automatic synchronization is somewhat problematic as it can lead to confusion..

Maybe the fact that I'm using Windows 11, Insider Dev build 25309.1000, has something to do with it?