Banana tape recorder apparently limited to 46 minutes?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
XDmToter

Banana tape recorder apparently limited to 46 minutes?

Post by XDmToter »

I seem to be having a problem with the Tape Recorder in VoiceMeeter Banana.

When I start a recording, it always says "Recording... Remain: 46:36" when it starts. I tried setting "Stop Record After Duration" to various settings, including "2 H 30:00", and "No". This had no effect on the "Remain: 46:36" message. However, if I set a lower "Stop", such as "30 Min 00 s", it honors that setting and will show "Recording... Remain: 30:00" when it starts.

I have not been able to find any information regarding why the recording time would be limited to 46 minutes in the Manual.

I tried different recording formats; No change.
I tried removing about 4 GB of data so I have more free space on my local drive; No change.

Can anyone give me some tips here? I need to be able to record at least a 1 hour 30 minute session.

XDmToter

Re: Banana tape recorder apparently limited to 46 minutes?

Post by XDmToter »

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I thought I should mention it anyway; My intent is to use "Composite" to record 6 or 8 channels simultaneously. Apparently because of that my Format options are limited to WAV and AIFF.

6 Channel recording appears to be working fine. I just need it to record for longer than 46 minutes.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may select BWF (WAV extended) format, to go over the 2GB size limit i guess.
XDmToter

Post by XDmToter »

Thank you!

The User Manual says:
Voicemeeter Banana integrates an audio recorder able to generate BWF, WAV, AIFF, or MP3
file in stereo. (and 4, 6, or 8 channels for WAV / AIFF format).
I guess this is technically correct, since I now know that "BWF" is an extension of the "WAV" format. It is somewhat misleading, however. You may want to consider clarifying that in the documentation.

I see later in the documentation it is a little clearer:
FILE TYPE:
File type can de defined as WAV, BWF, AIFF or MP3 (32 to 320 kbps). MP3 can record stereo
only while other format can support up to 8 channels (when recording a BUS).
Apparently I didn't make it that far. :? My bad... I'll RTFM before I post any more questions. ;)