Detecting playback sources that are not on at all times

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Malic

Detecting playback sources that are not on at all times

Post by Malic »

I am currently using Voicemeeter Potato to send audio to my speakers on A1, a set of bluetooth wireless headphones on A2, and a Valve Index VR headset on A3. I am using A5 as virtual cable input, and VBan to bring Mic audio from a second computer to this one going to the VAC.

My issue is with A2 and A3. As these devices turn on and off, and the computer does not see them as sources until they are turned on and active, I currently have to Restart the audio engine every time I plug them in.

I have tried to use the option "Auto Restart Audio Engine A1 and All device" options, but all I get is sound cutting in and out every 6-ish seconds if I am trying to use the bluetooth headphones or the VR headset.

With those off, the audio work perfectly fine, is just an annoyance trying to get it so I do not have reset the audio engine each and every time.

The part that is frustrating is this computer is new within the last few months. On initial OS install and loading, it would connect the headphones and VR headset seamlessly, but a month later, it went to this, where I now have to manually restart the audio engine to make it work. I do not know what to look at to figure out what changed the behavior. I stopped windows 10 updates before this happened, because I use the computer for gaming only, so have not had it download anything since.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Detecting playback sources that are not on at all times

Post by Vincent Burel »

"Auto Restart Audio Engine A1 and All device" means the audio engine will be restarted when detecting a non working audio device... and it will do it every 5 seconds until all selected device are working ok.

if you manage unplugged/re-plugged device, you may simply restart audio engine to ask to Voicemeeter to re-consider all connected devices.
there is no other way for the moment.

To restart audio engine,
you can create a shortcut on desktop with command line option : voicemeeter -R
you can use MacroButton to create a shortcut
Malic

Re: Detecting playback sources that are not on at all times

Post by Malic »

Awesome, I can set up a command line for Steam VR for my VR headset then for now. Will have to see if there is something I can do at the windows level to do the same for when the bluetooth headset is connected as well.

Thank you!