More than one ASIO bridge instance at the same computer. Possible?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Mogos

More than one ASIO bridge instance at the same computer. Possible?

Post by Mogos »

Great software!! Congratulations!!!
I have a question about ASIO bridge. Is it possible to have two or more instances running simultaneously?
You may ask for what you need more instances of the ASIO bridge.
I need it for speakers crossover project but implemented a little differently than it is done by Voicemeeter.
The software let you use it as crossover for active speakers but with an ASIO device capable to receive and decode 8 digital streams. I haven’t seen a DAC for audiophile setup with that kind of configuration.
The idea is to use the software to create a digital crossover but with use of a few ASIO 2 ch devices. Usually you need minimum 3 frequency bands to be controlled. With Voicemeeter and ASIO bridge I can create crossover for two bands with 2 ch ASIO devices. So it is needed to have some solution to be able to connect one or two more ASIO devices. And the idea is to have more ASIO bridges (like VB cables A+B, C+D) to do that.
It will open a possibility to create an ultimate speaker control crossover system where you can use different DACs suited for the chosen band (eg. Mytek DSD192 is great in decoding the low frequency registers) and have the possibility to fine tune the frequency crossing points and frequency within the band helping a little the hardware solutions:). Professional equipment is capable to decode digital signal to analog with high quality but misses the musicality and sound refinement of the DACs for audiophiles.
Mogos

Re: More than one ASIO bridge instance at the same computer. Possible?

Post by Mogos »

Is there a chance to get an answer to my question?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

there is no plan to allow Multiple instance of ASIO bridge.

We can invite you to use the Matrix or Voicemeeter Banana or Potato to achieve what you want.

Crossover use case is even described in this guide (section 2): https://voicemeeter.com/mix-down-and-mi ... bus-modes/
Mogos

Post by Mogos »

Thank you for an answer.