Voicemeeter UI tray & CPU usage

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
tetyys

Voicemeeter UI tray & CPU usage

Post by tetyys »

There is a thread about high CPU usage already viewtopic.php?t=1800 , but I don't think it refers to below.
I'm experiencing CPU usage that is not particularly high, but unneccessary.

Voicemeeter is always rendering the UI of its control panel even if the window is hidden. You can check this by suspending the UI event loop thread of voicemeter8x64.exe - audio will still work as normal, CPU usage will go down, but of course the UI won't open.

I suggest vb-audio developers to destroy the window instead of making it not visible when voicemeeter is 'in tray'. Of course this means that UI will open slightly slower, but I think that's an acceptable trade for less constant CPU usage
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter UI tray & CPU usage

Post by Vincent Burel »

when hidden the windows display should take less CPU...
i will check it, but display is not taking a big part of the CPU load anyway.

REM: if you made this remark because you get more CPU load when hidden than shown , it's not pending on display.
tetyys

Post by tetyys »

It does consume less CPU when window is hidden, but suspending the event loop thread completely slashes total CPU consumption of the process in half
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

of course, i can do it, it's not big deal. But i cannot suspend completely the event loop , audio stream are running, remoting functions and MIDI must react... The display will be a very small part in Voicemeeter (can be more interesting in Matrix surely).