VB-Cable command-line options?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Enginero

VB-Cable command-line options?

Post by Enginero »

Hello, I know VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe supports command line options like silent install with "-i -h" and uninstall with "-u -h". Does it support a command-line option to not change the default Windows input or output device during installation? I'd like to for VB-Audio Cable Virtual Cable and A and B to be added to the list of available Input or Output devices, without changing the default devices. If there is no command-line option to not change the default is there another way to prevent it from being changed?
Thank you
xcasxcursex

Re: VB-Cable command-line options?

Post by xcasxcursex »

The installer does not change the default device, Windows does, and it can not be prevented.

There is only one known workaround for this, use SoundSwitch (a free, open source app) , and I'd suggest a 'force profile' trigger, to automatically set your default device whenever it changes (effectively prevents the change), or maybe you'll prefer to just set it once at boot up time, or on a keybind, or all three like I do.

Don't forget to donate to the author for being so kind as to fix this decades-old windows 'feature' :D
MV10

Re: VB-Cable command-line options?

Post by MV10 »

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm writing a launch script for a PC that seems to sometimes randomly switch the Sound settings.

It appears you can control this via powershell:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/668 ... 2#66835022