Macrobuttons becomes unresponsive and breaks

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
ariazs

Macrobuttons becomes unresponsive and breaks

Post by ariazs »

Dear all, I’ve been using Macrobuttons for some time to exchange commands between computers over LAN, such as muting and unmuting strips and routing audio through VBan to other computers, which also route their own audio with similar MB commands. That’s basically what it does.

I was very satisfied with the results and everything was working like a charm, until, for no known reason, MB started to break in some of the computers, suddenly becoming unresponsive to the commands sent to its IP. From the network and firewall point of view, all is ok and the commands are getting through (I’ve checked that in the VBan window, under the Command stream). What happens is that MB not only stops responding under the commands sent over vban, but also stops working altogether (all functionalities configured under the buttons stop working, such as hitting one button to turn another off). MB’ functionalities only start working again after many attempts (loading and unloading the program, restarting the computer several times).

I understand that with the unregistered version of potato Macrobuttons has a limited operation, but this happening with the registered installation is a big issue for me, since the only workaround to keep the system working would be to use redundant computers to prevent interruptions.

All relevant configurations (Port, vban1/vban2 (both in MB and in VBan), IP (it happens both with specific IP addresses and 255 for broadcast from the sender, and both with specific address and empty field from the receiver), Voicemeeter shows R indicating it is connected to macro buttons and I guess that all packets are received, since the commands I read on the screen are as expected. Firewall has been checked.

I need help! Reliance is important to me, and I haven’t been able to troubleshoot this issue!!

Any help will be appreciated :)