Headset integration for Zoom/Teams etc. (microphone signalling)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
arfmach

Headset integration for Zoom/Teams etc. (microphone signalling)

Post by arfmach »

Hello.

I have a headset, model Jabra Evolve MS 80 Link, and I've set it up in VoiceMeeter Potato as one of the input devices, sending the audio to one of the virtual outputs (VoiceMeeter Aux Output). The headset has a controller integrates with Zoom/Teams etc., turning on a light when a call starts and also turning on a busylight in the controller and in the headset itself. Besides that, the call button can be used to answer/hang the call.

But it only works if I set Zoom/Teams to use the microphone itself in the devices setting:
Zoom audio settings.png
Zoom audio settings.png (16.9 KiB) Viewed 25486 times
Instead of that, I'd like to use the VM virtual output as the mic device, but if I do that, then the integration with the headset controller doesn't work anymoer. The audio still works perfectly, but the signalling doesn't inform the headset controller that a call has started, nor the call button answers or hangs the call.

I've also set up the virtual output as the "Default Communications Device" in Windows settings:
Recording settings.png
Recording settings.png (25.36 KiB) Viewed 25486 times
but it doesn't help as it seems that the headset controller doesn't look at it.

Is there any chance that VM could trick the headset controller and/or Zoom/Teams, by forwarding any signalling from the microphone and making them think they're using the real microphone device when conversely they're using VM's virtual output?

Thanks!