Windows Volume on VB-Cable without function

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
stoneeh

Windows Volume on VB-Cable without function

Post by stoneeh »

Hello.

I just tried to loop an USB audio device whose Windows volume control doesn't work through VBCable, to regulate volume globally in Windows through VBCable. Now I discovered that the volume slider for VBCable also does nothing.

Regulating volume for digital devices is not at all unusual. I'm currently sitting on a PC / media center on which I regulate the volume via its HDMI output no problem. Why does it work for some, and for some not, and why not on VBCable? Okay, the name "cable" itself suggests lack of such a function, since a cable doesn't have volume control ;) - but still, that added functionality would be very important in some cases.

Either way, thank you to the developer for creating VBCable and allowing us to use it - very useful tool for a lot of applications. With a functional volume control, it would be even better.

Regards
Stoneeh / Markus
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Windows Volume on VB-Cable without function

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, the new version of our virtual audio driver will include this option, like you can see it on our new Matrix VAIOs control panel.
when this driver will be fully validated, we will update our VB-CABLE and Voicemeeeter VAIO's with this version.

VBMatrixVAIO_ControlPanelWithVolumeControlOption.png
VBMatrixVAIO_ControlPanelWithVolumeControlOption.png (90.14 KiB) Viewed 27356 times
stoneeh

Post by stoneeh »

👌 perfect!
stoneeh

Post by stoneeh »

Any news on that?