Bug: Matrix won't load any xml files

VB-Audio Matrix, Virtual Audio Router Application for Windows (Discussion and Support).
David Rasberry

Bug: Matrix won't load any xml files

Post by David Rasberry »

This is an intermittent issue. I have been able to save and load multiple .xml files for routing setups on the matrix grid window and save and load device setups in the device setup window.
Occasionally the program loses the ability to load the saved .xmls and reverts to its initialization settings.
Today it had been loading the grid routing xmls just fine until I tried to save settings to load on startup in the device screen. Now it won't load any of the saved XMLs. I have to start from scratch and manually reconstruct the device settings and routing presets.
This is the second time this has happened, but I don't know what triggered the fault the first time.
This time it happened when switching from loading presets in the grid window to loading them in the device window.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Bug: Matrix won't load any xml files

Post by Vincent Burel »

you normally can use the Today or Yesterday settings instead (in My Document / VBAudioMatrix folder).

but it could be very useful if you could find a way to reproduce this problem. We are currently in beta testing session for a new version.
David Rasberry

Post by David Rasberry »

I'll try to reproduce it.
As I mentioned in the first post, this time it failed when I switched from loading settings in the grid window to loading them in the device window.
When it happens, all devices are disabled in the device window.
I manually renabled the device selections that I am using. After I did this it loaded the saved settings. If I don't select the exact same devices and load a saved setting I get an audio engine failed to start message.
So the bug seems to be reverting to initialization state with no device interfaces active. No saved settings will load when this happens, including the last settings, today settings, and yesterday settings.
It isn't picking up the device configuration from the settings files. XMLs attached.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
VBAudioMatrix_YesterdaySettings.zip
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
David Rasberry

Post by David Rasberry »

Something to consider. I am running a very fast state of the art video editing workstation.
I am an AV systems engineer by trade (retired). Programming control systems there were times when a program would fail because an early command string did not finish execution before the next one occurred. We had to insert delays between command strings to time the execution.
If the device configuration code and audio engine start don't complete execution before the routing code gets applied, it might cause the whole process to fail. The intermittent nature of this fault indicates that as a possibility.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Thanks for all these information, (but this problem is not pending on your PC config... ).
it seems your file section <VBAudioMatrixDeviceConfiguration> ... </VBAudioMatrixDeviceConfiguration> is not including ASIO or WIN devices slots...
i'm going to search what conditions could generate this problem...

if you load "Grid Settings only" file by the menu function "Load Settings" instead of "Load Grid Settings only" you may lose all your slot configuration. Is it a possible way you got your problem ? Maybe i'm going to secure this case to avoid the problem anyway...
David Rasberry

Post by David Rasberry »

Thanks for the support. glad to help.
I have a usable recovery workaround that doesn't involve starting from scratch for now.
Yes, it is possible I saved grid settings only to settings.