ASIO driver buffer size values choices are set too high

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Cle

ASIO driver buffer size values choices are set too high

Post by Cle »

Hello!
I avoid latency issues when singing live (with or without vocal processing plug-in effects within a DAW) into PC#1, and then sending data via VBAN to PC#2 running another DAW, the buffer size value choices for the ASIO driver need to include lower values (currently 128 is the lowest value choice). Can lower vaules please be made available in Voicemeeter banana, specifically 64, 32, and 16 for the ASIO driver? Thank you!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: ASIO driver buffer size values choices are set too high

Post by Vincent Burel »

64 sample could be implemented in next update yes.
Cle

Post by Cle »

Thank you so very much - but 32 is what is really needed. Can 32 please be made an option?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

64 sample at 44.1 kHz means 1.4ms, this could work on very optimized Windows config (and very well programmed ASIO driver).
32 sample at 44.1 kHz means 0.7ms, this could not work (Windows cannot guarantee to call audio callback below 1ms).

and most of ASIO driver proposing 32 or 64 samples are not running at this latency, but 3 to 5 times above as i explained this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=506
Cle

Post by Cle »

OK - Thanks for the explanation! I will try 64 and hope for the best! Any idea when the next update will occur? Thanks!!