Synchro Delay not applied to A2-A5 when using ASIO Output Patching

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
petersrin

Synchro Delay not applied to A2-A5 when using ASIO Output Patching

Post by petersrin »

When you route Physical Outputs to ASIO Outputs, you can ONLY delay A1. Adding delay to A2 etc, as pictured, does nothing to the delay.

In my typical setup, A1 outputs to headphones (Soundcard 1/2), A2 to stereo pair of speakers (Soundcard 3/4), and A3 to a subwoofer (Soundcard 6), with VB doing the crossover, all out of the same soundcard (which is multichannel but doesn't expose anything except 1 + 2 to WDM etc, so ASIO is required for this particular card).

Trying to get the source (before xover) to vban to another room for synchronous playback, which would require delaying A2 + A3 by ~200ms. A2 and A3 don't react to setting a delay. A1 DOES delay it's headphones. I was hoping maybe it was a global delay to the soundcard where I could set A1's delay and that would affect all physical soundcard outputs, but to no avail. Only Soundcard 1/2 were delayed. Adding an equal delay to A2+A3 did not help either.

Using Windows 11, Steinberg UR280M.

Someone on Discord suggested VM could be doing synchro in post, so it doesn't apply to it since its a patching outputs before applying delay. Recommend either delaying on pre, or if there's a specific, good reason for post delay, offerring a button to turn on Pre.
Attachments
vm.jpg
vm.jpg (120.99 KiB) Viewed 899 times