VM forcing a reboot

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
netwiz

VM forcing a reboot

Post by netwiz »

I'm on Windows 11 and v3.1.1.1 64 bits potato.

When VM has been running a long time and I've left the laptop it will often freeze. It freezes so much that I can't even shut down the process in task manager, which isn't a good thing.

There was a thread a few years back about VM freezing after sleep that didn't appear to have a resolution
viewtopic.php?p=5053&hilit=freezes&sid= ... d33b#p5053

Is this a known issue? My thought is that if VM were coded as a Windows app (re-sizable screens etc that has often been requested) then at least the ability to shut down by task manager would be addressed. Or maybe not.
netwiz

Re: VM forcing a reboot

Post by netwiz »

Hey @Vincent Burel, thanks for the app.

I've now paid for Potato and it would be really good to know where you're at with this issue.

There have been many people over a number of years asking for the app to be made a native Windows app, with suitably re-sizable windows. If this were done it would also allow for shutting down the app with Task Manager rather than having to reboot.

Is this something you are ever likely to do? If not, at least let us know. If yes, when? Or maybe I've missed the announcement.

thanks
Nick
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VM forcing a reboot

Post by Vincent Burel »

Voicemeeter is not expected to freeze. we are currently in beta program with Voicemeeter x.1.1.2 on our Discord server, i invite you to test this new version and specify your case to let me see if it can be explained, or reproduced for a fix.

Voicemeeter installs an application called VM-Streamer View which is resizable and simplified controller for Voicemeeter.
VM-Streamer view is also available as source code example to any developper willing to build his own Voicemeeter graphic user interface dedicated to specific user or specific use case: https://github.com/vburel2018/Voicemeet ... r_streamer

more info: https://voicemeeter.com/the-voicemeeter ... -overview/