VAIO Extension tabs no longer showing after update to 3.1.1.3

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
PresidentJade

VAIO Extension tabs no longer showing after update to 3.1.1.3

Post by PresidentJade »

Bonjour,

I updated my Voicemeeter Potato from version 3.1.1.1 to 3.1.1.3

And now, the VAIO Extension tabs are no longer showing on the VM Potato interface.

How do I get these back?
VMSS1.png
VMSS1.png (218.07 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VAIO Extension tabs no longer showing after update to 3.1.1.3

Post by Vincent Burel »

simply check your license activation in menu (VAIO extension license).
PresidentJade

Post by PresidentJade »

Merci pour la réponse rapide, Vincent :)

I used the 1 regen available in my webshop account to reactivate the VAIO Extension License (originally purchased March 10, 2024). I was a little confused of having to use a regen since the VAIO Extension had always worked before and I only experienced this issue after updating to Potato 3.1.1.3.

As a courtesy, the Support at your webshop replaced the regen code that I had used. Unfortunately though, the VAIO Extension buttons were still not appearing on my VM Potato interface despite reactivating the VAIO Extension license.

So I used a regen to re-activate Potato. But still, no luck having the VAIO Extension buttons appear on the interface. So I again used a regen on the VAIO Extension (the courtesy regen that the webshop had added in my account). And this time it worked. The VAIO Extension buttons appeared on my Potato interface. Merveilleux !

It was a confusing experience for me, and it is unfortunate that I ultimately had to use the regens in the webshop for both Potato and the VAIO Extension. But this time I've learned to export the footprint to avoid similar situations going forward. And if I were to ever experience the same issues again, I would simply buy/donate for a new license since we can't go wrong in supporting the awesome products that you create.

Une fois encore, merci pour la réponse rapide !

Bonne journée :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Thanks for reporting the context.

The version 3.1.1.3 is implementing a new code system (more stable, more secure) that's why you had to reactivate your license but you have found a REGEN in your account "My License" page (this has been added to all end user accounts in June).

More info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=878

BTW: all questions related to license or activation code problem must be addressed to our webshop support instead: https://shop.vb-audio.com/en/contact-us