Silence between verses

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Aelumag

Silence between verses

Post by Aelumag »

Hello,

I am having a problem with Voice Meeter and I can't seem to identify the cause.

I want to record voice and guitar separately. Guitar was recorded fine. But when I am recording voice and voice only, Voice Meeter records only when it detects noise, similar to the Audacity function "sound activated recording" which is meant not to record anything unless it detects some sort of sound. This means that when the silences between the lyrics occur, it stops recording. And it activates again at the first sound. But it's almost always too late because it's skipping my first syllables of every word. The sound activated recording option is disabled in Audacity, Audacity is also set to record via Voicemeeter, and I can't seem to find such an option within Voice Meeter itself.

When I recorded the guitar I didn't have this issue because the sound was continuous. I am using a Blue Yeti mic, I have tried playing with the gain, it's not from the gain. Also, if I record with Audacity and without Voice Meeter at all, everything is fine, so the issue I believe lies with Voice Meeter.

Below is the link of the sample so you can get an idea how the recording stops between verses (can't attach mp3 here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CFG2AXLNU

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Silence between verses

Post by Vincent Burel »

I guess you mean you get true silence between verse,
This is surely due to Gate effect or Audibility knob.
Did you add GAte/Audibility fx on your MIC ?
Aelumag

Post by Aelumag »

Are you referring to a setting within Voice Meeter? The mic doesn't do that outside Voice Meeter, if I record with Audacity alone and through Audacity it behaves normally. I have not been adding other effects to the mic.
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

Check out the highlighted settings in this image. If those aren't the same as yours, that could be influencing your microphone sound.

(Post 14)
Aelumag

Post by Aelumag »

That makes sense. However, my settings lack a gate option. They look like in the attachment. Is this only available with Banana?