Can't change back to default samples in Voicemeeter VAIO

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BSwishobne

Can't change back to default samples in Voicemeeter VAIO

Post by BSwishobne »

I was trying to get my sound to quit stopping intermittantly and was experimenting with everything including uninstalling Voicemeeter Potato 64bit. I had changed at one point the samples from 7168 (recommended) to a lower samples number. I have tried everything I know how to try and get it back to the 7168 number. Everytime I open Voicemeeter on a fresh boot the samples number under Voicemeeter VAIO is 768. Any help would be appreciated.
Voicemeeter VAIO problem.JPG
Voicemeeter VAIO problem.JPG (223.69 KiB) Viewed 7781 times
Andres

Re: Can't change back to default samples in Voicemeeter VAIO

Post by Andres »

Hi. Please try this:
  • Run Voicemeeter Potato x64 as an Administrator
  • Change back to the recommended value (7168 samples) by right-clicking the current value
  • Shutdown Voicemeeter and open it again normally (Without running it as Administrator)
  • Restart Windows to test the new setting persists
Voicemeeter Potato x64 - Run as Admin.png
Voicemeeter Potato x64 - Run as Admin.png (43.52 KiB) Viewed 7773 times
Please also consider this recommendation (since you are using ASIO driver at Hardware Out A1)
  • Take a look at this guide which explains how to use PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips to patch your audio interface inputs to Voicemeeter Hardware Inputs (Hardware Input 1 in your case)
Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day!
BSwishobne

Post by BSwishobne »

Thank you. That fixed that issue. I do have another issue that I have been dealing with, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with Voicemeeter.

I have intermittant dropouts of sound no matter what app I'm using. Can't really say for sure when this started. I am using an ASUS Z370p MB. I have reinstalled my MB driver sound drive and chipset to the last update on ASUS site. I am also using for my main sound a Presonus USB Studio 1810C. I have reinstalled the driver for the interface. I have tried turning off virus checkers and taken onything out that I can see that is running as a non essential TSR. Do you know a lot about this kind of an issue or can you refer me to someone who does?
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. You may try asking for help in VB-Audio Discord server. Are dropouts present when using regular apps like Google Chrome through your interface?
Check the USB port you are using to connect your interface to your PC. Avoid using USB hubs and connect directly to your PC. Of course keep your interface firmware updated.
BSwishobne

Post by BSwishobne »

My interface is connected to a dedicated port on an adapter card. Is the discord server something here in the forums?
Andres

Post by Andres »

You can find the link in the Support web page: https://vb-audio.com/Services/support.htm