Shut Down ASIO Bridge gracefully via command line

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
3DJ

Shut Down ASIO Bridge gracefully via command line

Post by 3DJ »

Hi folks, I've been working on a script that installs Hi-Fi Cable and sometimes I need to shut down ASIO Bridge, but I wanna avoid BSODs, by shutting it down gracefully. That is, making sure interfaces that take exclusive control of the sound card like ASIO4ALL (and AudioRepeater) get stopped properly, cuz otherwise, forcibly terminating them while active is likely to cause BSODs with a SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION error message.

Code: Select all

TASKKILL /IM VBCABLE_AsioBridge.exe
If the ASIO Bridge window is open, this will close (the window)* but the process keeps running.
If ASIO4ALL is running, this will just hide the icon even tho ASIO4ALL remains active and so does VBCABLE_AsioBridge.exe, even after executing the command again.

TASKKILL /IM VBCABLE_AsioBridge.exe /F

wmic process where name="VBCABLE_AsioBridge.exe" call terminate
These 2 do close the process forcefully, but if ASIO4ALL is running, there's a chance my PC will BSOD. I still haven't figured the exact external factors that cause this behavior, because it happens seemingly at random, but I don't wanna take any chances.

So, the real question is, does ASIO Bridge have any command line switches/arguments to shut it down internally instead of relying on system process termination commands?
Last edited by 3DJ on Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Shut Down ASIO Bridge gracefully via command line

Post by Vincent Burel »

hello,

we have never heard about this problem before.
Could you tell us what DLL or SYS is involved in the BSOD ?
what ASIO driver do you connect to the ASIO Bridge ?