Speaker of Monitor offline after wake up from idle-mode

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
dermaxem

Speaker of Monitor offline after wake up from idle-mode

Post by dermaxem »

I use the speakers of one of my monitors for sound output at "A2" (VM Potato)("A1" are the headset). If my PC switch the monitors into idle, and i wake them up the "A2"-device is always "red" and not present.
Auto Restart seems not be triggert and did not help here. I need to reactivate manual anytime i wake up the pc. Any hints?
Andres

Re: Speaker of Monitor offline after wake up from idle-mode

Post by Andres »

Hi. Voicemeeter detects audio device disconnection and signals that showing the device name in red. As far as I know Voicemeeter will not auto reconnect the audio device once it gets re-connected (another common example is when using a bluetooth headset)
The exception is when the device is using ASIO; in that case Voicemeeter should auto reconnect it. (This was added in the March 2021 update)
dermaxem

Post by dermaxem »

i have the latest Version of Potato and the speakers are only avail via "WDM".
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. The ASIO option (available only at Hardware Out A1) requires a specialized audio driver which is commonly used with specialized devices like USB audio interfaces; sorry for the confusion. Currently that is the only option which automatically reconnects your device when it detects it is present. WDM or MME do not support auto reconnect as of Voicemeeter current version.