Input and Output

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
lonbluster

Input and Output

Post by lonbluster »

https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.ph ... 4e98#p5512
No differently than the post above, I still get the Input 2(KS driver) and 3(WDM) disconnected now and then, especially after some inactivity. Using autorestart Engine does not help. Manually restarting the VM engine works though!

Also I have trouble using multiple Outputs in Ableton, how do I map Output 2 to Ableton 3-4 output?
I tried playing with the matrix 8 but couldn t find how to map left-right of the Output 2 to Ableton Voicemeter Virtual ASIO to Ableton 3-4 output.

There are 4 double Outputs in Virtual ASIO appearing in Ableton, what do the map to ?

vbanana.jpg
vbanana.jpg (177.81 KiB) Viewed 12242 times
Natrox

Re: Input and Output

Post by Natrox »

Hello,

I do experience disconnects at points as well - in my case this is either due to a blip in available sound devices changing (e.g. PS4 controller that re-connects) or whenever I cycle my TV power. The only work-around for this as far as I know is to disable sound devices you don't actively use - or if there is a problematic device that disconnects and re-connects randomly, troubleshooting for that specific driver/device.

As for your output mapping - I am not particularly familiar with Ableton so this is the best I can do:
- Select your Ableton device for either A1, A2, or A3.
- Either use Stereo Repeat (below SEL, click the cluster of dots to cycle through it) or use the 8x8 Matrix to map your desired inputs to the correct channels.
- If you need to map multiple outputs (e.g. A1 and A2 at the same time), take a look at my extended version of the 8x8 Matrix:
https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1503

Let me know if any of this helps, if you cannot solve it, I'd be happy to try and help you directly.
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

Thanks for your reply.
I found the Wdm devices disconnect red at every remote desktop connection. Vnc viewer is the workaround.

I use Composite input mapping. Works great.
I will check the multiple output matrix, but how can I achieve the same of Composite for the output interfaces coming to Ableton. What do the outputs 3 to 8 map to? The matrix?
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

Finally I got it stable.

The Windows sound control panel freezes, and defreezes when I shut down Banana.
Ableton was giving and still gives an error 'serious error has occured and Ableton will now close'.

The solution, also to the audio cracks was to start Ableton before Voicemeeter. If I shut down Ableton and don't close Banana before restarting I get either audio drops and crackles in my recordings, or Ableton crash with the above error.

I am now using a KS driver as Output because its brother ASIO was blue screening my windows at times.

Also as mentioned previously using a RDP connection, even with device redirection disabled, will disconnect 'red' the WDM devices, so using VNC to remote into your DAW is a better option.

Wow! What a trip.
ThanksBanana
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for this report/feedback!
BTW: do you have latest Voicemeeter version ? what is your version otherwise ?
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

latest available of course 2061
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

How can I close VM gracefully with scripting?

I tried with:
powershell.exe -NonInteractive -Command "Get-Process|where {$_.ProcessName -eq 'voicemeeterpro'}|Stop-Process"
but doesn t look graceful.

I managed to create a Scheduled task that starts Voicemeeterpro at login with delay after Ableton starts.
Also when coming back to sleep I have a task that reads event 131 and starts Voicemeeterpro.

But I need to close VM before I put the pc to sleep and before starting Ableton anyway.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

simply send a WM_DESTROY message to the main thread.
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

how?