Is it possible to route discrete 5.1 ADM channels to three stereo ADM outputs in Voicemeeter?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
polyh3dron

Is it possible to route discrete 5.1 ADM channels to three stereo ADM outputs in Voicemeeter?

Post by polyh3dron »

Hi all, I have a pro audio interface at the heart of my audio setup that uses Dante for the majority of its audio routing, and I have audio outputs from multiple PCs going to it via Dante Virtual Soundcard. In WDM mode, this driver acts as multiple stereo sets of inputs and outputs. I want to see if I am able to play a PC game with 5.1 or 7.1 audio and route those discrete individual channels to three or four stereo Dante Virtual Soundcard outputs. People have told me there is a way to do this with Voicemeeter in conjunction with some other VB-Audio software but I cannot figure out how to do it. Is this actually possible? Switching my Dante Virtual Soundcard driver over to ASIO mode is not an option for me.
Andres

Re: Is it possible to route discrete 5.1 ADM channels to three stereo ADM outputs in Voicemeeter?

Post by Andres »

Hi. Not really sure to understand your scenario since I don't use DVS (Dante Virtual Soundcard). You could explore this setup using Voicemeeter Banana:
  • In Windows Sound Control Panel - Playback tab - VoiceMeeter Input - Configure button - Set Speaker Setup to 5.1 Surround. This is where the game audio enters Voicemeeter
  • Select DVS Transmit 1-2 at Hardware Out A1 (Left and Right Surround Channels)
  • Select DVS Transmit 3-4 at Hardware Out A2 (Center and LFE channels
  • Select DVS Transmit 5-6 at Hardware Out A3 (Rear Left and Rear Right)
  • Turn on A1, A2 and A3 at Virtual Input VoiceMeeter VAIO
  • In the MASTER SECTION select Normal for A1, Composite for A2 and Rear Only for A3
  • Open Menu - System Settings / Options... and set PATCH COMPOSITE this way (only 2 first channels are relevant):
    PATCH COMPOSITE Center - LFE.png
    PATCH COMPOSITE Center - LFE.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
  • Your setup should look similar to this:(I have not selected A2 or A3):
    VoiceMeeter 5.1 VAIO to 3 stereo pairs.png
    VoiceMeeter 5.1 VAIO to 3 stereo pairs.png (126.79 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any clarification since this setup is pretty particular.
polyh3dron

Re: Is it possible to route discrete 5.1 ADM channels to three stereo ADM outputs in Voicemeeter?

Post by polyh3dron »

Andres, you are a genius, this works! I was looking at the routing capabilities of this program in a completely incorrect way it seems.

Thank you very much.

The only seemingly unfortunate byproduct of this method is differing amounts of latency between the sets of channels; it is noticeable in material that plays in the front and rear channels simultaneously.