Static/Stuttering on Virtual Cable

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
gucci

Static/Stuttering on Virtual Cable

Post by gucci »

Hi,

Disclaimer: I only sort of know what I'm doing.

My virtual audio cable strip (Spotify) is stuttering/staticy etc on about half of Windows startups. WDM is unusably choppy+ "blown out," while MME is sometimes better, sometimes much worse. Everything else--desktop audio, Youtube, etc--is fine.

I tried recording/playing back A1 (my speakers) to test it as mentioned in the pinned thread, and while there's choppiness there, it's not exactly as it was when I was recording it.

Here's a picture of my setup.

Any help would be much appreciated, it's really driving me crazy.
vm.png
vm.png (175.15 KiB) Viewed 10184 times
vm2.png
vm2.png (103.27 KiB) Viewed 10184 times
Andres

Re: Static/Stuttering on Virtual Cable

Post by Andres »

Hi. You could try some of the following suggestions:
  • Set CABLE Input and CABLE Output to the same Default Format: Using Windows Sound Control Panel - Playback tab - CABLE Input - Properties - Advanced tab - Select a format like 24-bit, 44100 Hz. Repeat that for CABLE Output on the Recording tab
  • Open this folder C:\Program Files\VB\CABLE and run the control panel app: VBCABLE_ControlPanel.exe. Set Internal SR to 44100 Hz. Check also Max Latency value; it should be in 7168 samples. Restart Windows if necessary. It should look similar to this
    VB-CABLE Control Panel Settings.png
    VB-CABLE Control Panel Settings.png (247.8 KiB) Viewed 10181 times
  • In Voicemeeter Hardware Input 2 select the KS option for VB-Cable: KS: VB-Audio Point
Let us know if this helps you find a solution to this issue.
gucci

Re: Static/Stuttering on Virtual Cable

Post by gucci »

Sorry, I wasn't getting reply notifications. Thanks for the info!

I actually had everything set to 24-bit 44100 already, but double checked them. Internal SR was 44100, Max Latency 7168. Fwiw, unlike your image, res is 24 rather than 16 bits (image attached).

I set input 2 to KH:VB-Audio Point and it's now just red and I have no sound from Spotify.