Crackling with VB Virtual Cable

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
adornowest

Crackling with VB Virtual Cable

Post by adornowest »

After using VB Audio Cable successfully for a few months, the Audio Cable stopped working correctly after a windows udpate in early August. The audio crackles upon playback. Sometime this crackling is highly pronounced, and happens even with windows sounds. Sometimes the crackling takes several minutes of playing before it starts, usually gradually increasing from an occasional crackle to more and more sustained crackling.

I use VB to route the audio to a convulution engine. That engine works without a problem when, for instance, run through JRiver, and the designer reports no other instances of users having this error. This leads me to believe the problem is VB rather than the engine. I have tried using the VB Control Panel to change sample rate, max latency, etc, without luck, and have likewise played around with the default format for VB input/output on the Sound Control Panel.

The problem is the same if I output to an external dac or use the headphone jack on the computer.

I have the same problems when I installed VB on my laptop. Both my desktop and laptop are hps. Could hp software be the problem?

Much thanks for your help.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Crackling with VB Virtual Cable

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may keep default settings in VB-CABLE control panel.
if the problem remains, you may post a screenshot of the VBCABLE control panel when using it, to let me see statistics for example.

but first thing to do is to check the installation: https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=688
adornowest

Re: Crackling with VB Virtual Cable

Post by adornowest »

Thanks for the directions. I followed the uninstall/reinstall instruction exactly and after several days, I've not had any problem. I had tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times prior, but only this exact sequence did the trick. Much appreciated!