Looking for advice on „streaming bridge“ project

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
mg2c

Looking for advice on „streaming bridge“ project

Post by mg2c »

Hello
I am planning a special project - VB-cable is playing a key role, but I am still unsure about configuration.
Main goal: it needs to be bit perfect, work with ASIO and exclude all „Windows 10 sound processing interference“

Project description:
HighEnd analog gear (phono preamp & studio tape machine) are digitized to 192kHz/24bit using a studio quality A/D converter (ASIO, USB) on a Windows 10 mini computer.
Only THIS signal (A/D inputs 1&2 or eventually inputs 1,2,3&4 for both stereo sources) should be taken and sent to a software called „SWYH-RS“, („Stream what you hear“), which embeds the signal into a stereo UPnP stream, that can be picked up by DNLA-streaming clients via LAN.
This process should be done as „clean“ as possible, so no resampling or processing/interference of Windows must happen (the main reason of using ASIO).
But: since SWYH-RS usually captures Windows‘ default soundcard (and therefore captures/mixes/processes everything from system sounds to YouTube playing in the browser via the Windows mixer), my fear is, that still some „interference“ is happening. Will that happen, if I set VB-cable up as Windows‘ default soundcard?

So: is there a way to configure VB-cable (I guess Hifi-cable ASIO) in a way, that SWYH-RS „sees“ it, but limits the virtual cable input to ONLY the external ASIO D/A converter (which also acts as a high precision clock), leaving out everything else like Windows‘ mixer etc.

Thanks for bearing with this lengthy explanation and helping in the matter.