Voicemeeter and UMC204HD audio artifacts

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
LeoBound

Voicemeeter and UMC204HD audio artifacts

Post by LeoBound »

Hi

I had a working VMpotato setup on Win10 using my Behringer UMC204HD as the output.

I recently have had to upgrade to Win11 and since then there have been audio problems when routing my audio through VM.
If I tell windows to output directly to the soundcard it sounds as it should, but when directing the audio via voicemeeter aux it sounds distorted and 'crunchy'.

I have tried reinstalling VM and the UMC audio drivers but the problem remains.

Any ideas of what I can try?

Thanks.
Andres

Re: Voicemeeter and UMC204HD audio artifacts

Post by Andres »

Hi. Behringer provides an ASIO driver for UMC204HD which you can install to test. Voicemeeter supports ASIO at Hardware Out A1 and you can use this Quick Guide as a reference to to set it up properly: https://voicemeeter.com/setup-a-mic-wit ... interface/

ASIO has the advantage of allowing you to select smaller buffer sizes to reduce overall latency. You can set the buffer size using the ASIO Control Panel included with the ASIO driver.

Hardware Out A1 is the main device for Voicemeeter; you should check first that Voicemeeter is able to stream audio to it flawlessly; for example you can playback an audio file using the integrated recorded and hear it through headphones/speakers connected to the audio interface.

Please select the Menu - System Settings / Options... option and share a screenshot.

You could also consider joining the VB-Audio Discord server to ask for help/advice with your setup.
LeoBound

Re: Voicemeeter and UMC204HD audio artifacts

Post by LeoBound »

I've attached an image of the options.

When playing back an MP3 in the integrated recorder with the UMC204HD ASIO setting as the A1 output I get the same issues.

The artifacts do vary with the selected sample rate in the 204's control panel, but are present in regardless of the buffer size.
Attachments
vmoptions.png
vmoptions.png (123.04 KiB) Viewed 4120 times