Incoming Streams - None

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
sjc-or

Incoming Streams - None

Post by sjc-or »

I cannot get incoming streams from my Gaming Computer to my Main Computer "Steve=HP-Pavillion". It just stopped working this morning. I upgraded both systems to VM 3.0.2.1 but the problem still persists.

Audio from my main computer works fine to my gaming computer.

I have everything set to default port of 6980

My main computer 192.168.1.134 incoming stream is called GA1 from 192.168.0.136 and I have it routed to In #5
My Gaming computer 192.168.1.136 outgonig stream is called GA1 going to my main computer at 192.168.0.134

I turned the firewall off and still nothing. There is a blue i box next to it that shows the ping is good.
sjc-or

Re: Incoming Streams - None

Post by sjc-or »

Update- Changing the net quality seems to fix it temporarily then I get errors and it drops again. I've tried every net quality setting.

If I set a different (unused) income stream to 192.168.0.255, then my original stream comes alive, but again temporarily.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

warning, broadcast address (xxx.xxx.xxx.255) does not work with WIFI AP
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

I'm on ethernet between the two devices however they were both assigned via DHCP over a wireless router. All traffic (including VBAN) from main to Gaming works just fine but nothing back from Gaming PC to main PC. The are both on the same network and pings are working OK.
This configuration has been working well over a year and it suddenly stopped working yesterday. I spent the whole day trying to figure out why it is not working and sill haven't worked it out.

I have tried
- Restarting both PCs
- Switching to a different network connection (ethernet or WiFi)
- Changing my DHCP server so I have a different assigned set of IPs on both machine. I have a router that provides DHCP and I used it while disconnecting from the internet. All other traffic looks fine. In this configuration, everything is ethernet including the DHCP server.

I'm attaching screenshots. The first pic is the problem as I'm not getting any green bar on incoming. Again, this has worked for over a year and just failed starting yesterday.

Update: I also cannot even get text VBAN streams going from Gaming PC to main PC
Steve
Main-PC.PNG
Main-PC.PNG (78.85 KiB) Viewed 21652 times
Gaming-PC.PNG
Gaming-PC.PNG (88.85 KiB) Viewed 21652 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may check your Windows Firewall.
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

Yes, I completely disabled the firewall. Same problem.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

then check Voicemeeter output A1 is working on PC 192.168.1.134

on PC. x.x.0.136, right click on info column to make appears the UDP port for outgoing stream, check it is 6980
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

H and thanks for sticking with me!

A1 is working on PC 192.168.0.134. Since A1 was my UMC404 I even changed the config to my PC speakers to eliminate the possibility that my UMC404 driver is bad. It was a long shot because I haven't changed the Behringer UMC404 driver and I hear there are problems with newer versions of this driver. Right now it is my native Realtec driver. I also temporarily made A1 my Logitech headset driver to help eliminate that this was an A1 driver problem. Between each of these changes, I turned VBAN off and on again on both machines.

I also noticed that sending text via Macro button works from 134 to 136 but not the other way around.

Right clicking on the Info column on both machines shows that everything is port 6980. I have even tried changing the port numbers to see if for some reason something else was messing with port 6980 which might have caused issue.

I also cleared the unused entries on the incoming and outgoing streams so now only the streams I'm using have an IP address.

This issue is driving me nuts. Thanks again for your help!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

it's very strange you got a 'i' meaning the VBAN ping works, but no any VBAN stream.
did you try the VBAN-Chat (right click on VBAN icon on Voicemeeter to get it , or by the voicemeeter menu).
if not working, could you right click on 'i' to get more information ?
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

VBAN Chat is working fine in both directions.