VoiceMeeter Button Configuration - Not working reliably

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Hyflex

VoiceMeeter Button Configuration - Not working reliably

Post by Hyflex »

Hi,

I used to use VoiceMeeter Banana however recently I switched to using VoiceMeeter Potato to be able to setup soundboards better.

I have a few hotkey macros that I setup before and they used to work, but for some reason now they aren't working through either hotkey OR via changing my volume (volume wheel on my keyboard or headset)

If we look at the first one:

This used to work whenever I would use my volume wheel on my keyboard or headset and as you can see it would adjust them with different amounts. It no longer registers when I wheel my volume... the button in VoiceMeeter Macros works fine if I click it with my mouse.

If we look at my third one:

This used to work whenever I would press my "G9" key on my Logitech Keyboard and as such wouldn't interfere with any other potential programs because I don't have F13 key but in Logitech's software you can manually setup a macro to run the hotkey which you can see below. This function would toggle my speakers on bus 2 and 3 on and off.

Again, while the hotkey no longer works (VoiceMeeter can't detect it?) the button works perfectly still.

I'm not sure what's going wrong... I've tried enabling exclusive key but that doesn't solve the issue either :/
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VoiceMeeter Button Configuration - Not working reliably

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may use the HID Universal manager (button config).
(find your Logitech device - select device until finding the one reacting to key pressed)
to interface your Logitech G9 Key directly (by the LEARN button).
Hyflex

Re: VoiceMeeter Button Configuration - Not working reliably

Post by Hyflex »

Vincent Burel wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:13 am you may use the HID Universal manager (button config).
(find your Logitech device - select device until finding the one reacting to key pressed)
to interface your Logitech G9 Key directly (by the LEARN button).
Hi,

That worked for the two hotkeys, however it didn't work for Volume Up and Volume Down. I've set it to an excluvsive key but that doesn't work correctly either.

- If I am scrolling the wheel on my keyboard it detects maybe 50% of the scroll, sometimes completely misses the scroll...
- If I am scrolling the wheel on my headset, it 100% ignores the volume change and only adjust the volume of the headset not the master windows volume.

There's also an issue with macros that do different increases/decrease like:

Code: Select all

bus[0].gain += 3;
bus[1].gain += 2;
bus[2].gain += 2;
Because if I scroll the wheel on my keyboard up way past +12.0 the Bus 0 channel continues to increase in the background but doesn't actually change the volume or the number but then when you scroll down with the reverse macro it lowers bus 1 and bus 2 immediately but bus 0 appears to be lagging behind because in reality it's decreasing a massively higher number.

The bus 0 basically just doesn't lock out at positive 12...