Two mic outputs (VAIO)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JAXi

Two mic outputs (VAIO)

Post by JAXi »

I feel so dumb atm, so could someone point me to the right direction.

I want to have my two mics (SM7B & headset mic) in one channel (already worked that out, just B2 both)

But! I'd love to separate that B2 into 2 different outputs. One going into all my chats & one going into OBS. I already worked this out (kinda) by setting "listen to this device" in windows (AuxVAIO through AuxVAIO, which is the mic output), but I'd love to have the "Voicemeeter Aux" slot as a monitoring/listening/return device... So...

SM7B+Headset -> B2 -> AuxVAIO -> B1

B2 -> chats, games, etc
B1 -> OBS

The issue is that...
When I lower the volume in that slot (Voicemeeter AUX) it lowers the volume of the B1 mic.

Is there a way for me to have those two working the same exact volume & settings while monitoring only one (B2)?

I feel so dumb atm... Using "Voicemeeter VAIO" as my main audio (desktop etc), the inputs (2 channel ones) as media, friends, mics etc. B3 is my LIVE mix (stereo), A1-5 using my output devices, B1 (I want this to be the "live mic"), B2 is my main mic output.

Can someone point me to the right direction >.< I dunno what to do... Kinda dummy atm.

Also.... Kinda had this bug for a while. Sometimes the audio routing stuff & EQ stuff bug out. It shows my output as 2 channel & none of the EQ/"mix A"/"stereo repeat" stuff work.

This only happens sometimes... Using DTS sound to have surround on all my output devices except one pair of headphones.
It shows them as 8 channel normally, but sometimes switches to 2 channel. Annoying.

Here's a pic of the VM Potato config atm. still not right.

It doesn't let me post it... Lemme upload it to somewhere and paste a link later.
JAXi

Re: Two mic outputs (VAIO)

Post by JAXi »

JAXi

Post by JAXi »

I seriously don't know anymore. I just want two different outputs with one of them having the "Voicemeeter AUX" as feedback/monitoring channel and the volume slider to be separate from the B1/B2 volume & just for my ears. Idk...

Ehhh... Can I say somethin? I think I found out how to do it. Just set both mics also B1 then remove the "B1" from AUX & just set it to loop back to devices.

(if there's a better way, do tell)

Just need to figure out the weird bug next.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well you question is a bit confusing, it's very important to specify a single question or issue at a time, otherwise we don't know what to reply.

About the possibility to define different mixes, for example to set the MIC gain differently for BUS A1, B1, B2... Voicemeeter Potato provides the SEL button on every BUS to set a mix related to a BUS.

The option SLIDER MODE in the system settings dialog box, allows to set Slider in Relative mode to keep slider difference when moving a slider in master mode (with BUS SEL). Also the BUS SEL can be used to Monitor a particular BUS (according the option given in system settings dialog box too).
JAXi

Post by JAXi »

Sorry for making it so complicated. I don't quite understand the selective mode mixing (might look into that later, I'm quite happy how it works atm), I got it working by using the two "busses" B1 & B2. Just haven't yet figured out two things (yeah... quite dummy).

Why don't the master section mixing stuff work on my speakers? They work fine for my headphones. USB speakers, hdmi soundbar & bluetooth headphones don't care about the mixing selection at all for some reason. I'd love to use the options with my other devices. EQ works fine, mono works fine but the selection thing doesn't.

Also is there a downside of stereo repeating a mic device? should I just keep it at "normal"? and should I toggle the mono on both input & output master section? Like I have the mics on inputs 1 & 2, mono enabled on both so do I need to enable the mono on the master section too? I'd rather have it sound as good as possible without any weird "sound artifacts/repetitive effects or whatever".

and do I use 1+1 2+2 or 1+2 in ASIO selection with the SM7B (it's the same device that I'm askin about the mono thing).