Slider reduces strip bar-lights, not actual audio level. However, does appear to boost??

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
bigkid

Slider reduces strip bar-lights, not actual audio level. However, does appear to boost??

Post by bigkid »

Hi all. First time user of Voicemeeter. My needs of the application are simple I just want to control the relative level of one stereo input to my usb audio interface and the level of song backing tracks played on my PC and output to FRFR powered speakers. I use a Roland Quad-Capture usb audio interface and a Windows 11 PC. I connect to inputs 3&4 (Coax SPDIF) on the Quad-Capture from a Fractal FM3 guitar processor. I can select inputs 3&4 for a Hardware Input Strip on Voicemeeter and the signal is passed through to my speakers which are attached to the Quad-Capture Outputs 1&2. I can control the relative level of song backing tracks with the Virtual Input strip without problem. However, when I lower the Fader Gain on Voicemeeter's Hardware Input 1 (Inputs 3&4 on the Quad-Capture), while the little light bars to the left reduce, the audio level remains the same. Yet if I boost the level there is a noticeable increase in volume. Please see the attached video. You may have to boost your volume to hear the noise sample I am using to demonstrate. I'd appreciate some advice on where I might be going wrong here. Cheers, Allan

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajkfvd4XPdI2kPtdq340hEO812AbOQ