Losing my mind with the ASIO Patch

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JAXi

Losing my mind with the ASIO Patch

Post by JAXi »

So... I've got my mics properly set up through a DAW that's passed to VoiceMeeter ASIO (Potato). 48khz & 256 on that ASIO (tried also everything between 128 & 1536, but nothing fixes the issue). Whenever I alt tab into a game or a fullscreen program when using VoiceMeeter ASIO patching it stutters like a mofa for a second or two. I feel like I've lost my hearing past few days trying to fix this (as the sound gets really loud, like a pop when it disables? my processing for that second or two). It doesn't happen when using Windows MME devices or WDM for that matter, but I can't use the DAW with those... ASIO4ALL works fine (kind of), but that requires me to change up my routing as I can't patch that straight to my inputs (I need to give up the output channel, VAIO3 for that).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Tried running as admin already. Tried playing around with buffers. Atm on stock/default buffers (7168 & 512/1024). And it's not just one time thing, it happens every time I alt tab to a fullscreen program. Every time. Sometimes it might pop off while on desktop even (though, I think that's unrelated & I might've fixed it by changing the buffer from the 256 to 512).
JAXi

Re: Losing my mind with the ASIO Patch

Post by JAXi »

*Happens only with ASIO device as A1 input (which is a must for any kind of routing that I do)... What can I do? Changing to WDM, KS or MME fixes the crackling immediately. I have multiple ASIO devices and I've tried all of them as A1 with multiple buffers now. Or is there a way somehow patch ASIO/DAW inputs/outputs to the program without using ASIO as the main device? Got 3 first inputs from DAW & last 2 outputs (both set up in the settings as ASIO).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Losing my mind with the ASIO Patch

Post by Vincent Burel »

we have improved the stability of our Virtual ASIO driver in latest version (3.0.2.4) currently available for test in our Discord Server https://discord.gg/TF42rahAXS (see #news chennel to get download link). Feel free to install this new version and test again.

you may connect your DAW to Voicemeeter virtual ASIO (preferred Virtual ASIO insert) and connect Voicemeeter to your ASIO device as explained in this video tutorial: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4