Troubleshooting VoiceMeeter / VBAN Issue in Windows 11

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
bzowky

Troubleshooting VoiceMeeter / VBAN Issue in Windows 11

Post by bzowky »

Hey All -

I love VoiceMeeter - especially it's VBAN option as I can control my audio and play everything on a single device. I have a major issue which I have narrowed down to being caused by VoiceMeeter + VBAN, but don't know how to troubleshoot or get logs to see if its something I can resolve or to get information to submit. I looked through forum posts for a similar issue, but couldn't find one. Details below...

The Issue
Initially, everything works great. However, for the past few months if I open an app (usually Outlook for some reason) while audio is playing or am on a Teams call (audio going out through VoiceMeeter Input), the audio output starts to stutter and everything on PC starts going really slowly as if resources were maxed. Even moving the cursor is severely stuttered. Audio output (if in meeting) is reported to be fine. This occurs a few times a day. This stuttering / slowness lasts from a few seconds to a couple of minutes then clears up automatically.

What I've Tried / Examined
  • I do not experience the issue if VoiceMeeter is not installed
  • Although behavior seems to be one or more resources being maxed, they aren't. I've kept task manager open and CPU, RAM, Disk, & NIC never get close to high usage or anything abnormal.
  • I cannot find a trace of an issue present in event logs and no errors are given
  • Due to this issue alone, I've already reinstalled the OS (WIn11) from scratch and even had work replace the laptop (SurfaceBook Pro 2 which didn't resolve the issue
  • Have the issue no matter using bluetooth, wireless USB adapter (Corsair VOID Pro), or 3.5mm cable
  • Although no high network traffic, tried different net qualities in VBAN to no avail
  • Have feeling that it's some sort of compatibility issue with Surface Book 3s, themselves
My Setup
PC 1
  • Microsoft Surface Book 3 / Surface Dock 2 (All firmware up to date)
  • Windows 11 21H2 (Had issue well prior to this version / updates though)
  • All physical audio output devices attached to this PC. Do most of media playback here plus all Teams calls.
  • VoiceMeeter 2.0.6.2 - No fancy config
  • VoiceMeeter Input set for Windows sound output / Input comes direct from attached devices
  • VBAN set for single incoming stream from PC2 (1gbps connection) to In #2
PC 2
  • Custom built PC with high spec'd hardware
  • Windows 10 21H1
  • VoiceMeeter 2.0.6.2 - No fancy config
  • VoiceMeeter Input set for Windows sound output
  • VBAN set for single incoming stream to PC1 (Above)
Any suggestions or direction would be much appreciated! Happy to submit any other information required. Thanks!!