Voicemeter - Split Channels - Unity

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
krishnanpc

Voicemeter - Split Channels - Unity

Post by krishnanpc »

Dear Audio community,

I am a Unity developer and completely new to Audio. I am trying to record multichannel input in Unity, and currently, Unity doesn't support multichannel recording without custom software. Was wondering if it is possible to use Voicemeter to do it.

My Rode Wireless GO 2 microphones are stereo is there any way to split the channels and have Unity recognise them as different input devices?

Thanks
Krishnan
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeter - Split Channels - Unity

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, Voicemeeter Banana with its integrated recorder will let you record up to 8 channels (for example coming from 7.1 game audio) and even generate a mono file per track if required...
krishnanpc

Post by krishnanpc »

Thank you so much for the reply. Sorry if my post was unclear, what I want to do is to have Unity (or other softwares) recognise them as different microphones devices. (not recording in VoiceMeter and generating the file).

Can you please point out some good starting points for that? I am a bit lost on how to split audio channels
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

i'm sorry, but I don't understand your question (i don't know Unity).
Only audio driver can be recognized as microphone (recording device).
krishnanpc

Post by krishnanpc »

Thanks again for your reply.

Sorry if the question was unclear. I wanted to know if we can use Voicemeter to receive mic. audio (which has 2 channels in it) and route to another software (Unity, Discord) and have the software recognise these two channels as different microphones.

Something like in the image below.

https://ibb.co/gVv5gj6

Thanks