Cable not working with OBS, Zoom, Windows 11

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
phcorrigan

Cable not working with OBS, Zoom, Windows 11

Post by phcorrigan »

I just built a new system with Windows 11 Pro, and I'm having a problem with VB Cable. It was working fine on the old system running Windows 10. My setup is identical.

OBS recognizes the cable, and so does Zoom, but there is no sound in Zoom. The meter in OBS shows sound getting to the cable, but nothing transfers to Zoom. I've tried the free version and the A cable with the same result. One possible issue is that cable input is showing 48000 Hz and output is showing 44100 Hz.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Cable not working with OBS, Zoom, Windows 11

Post by Vincent Burel »

Difficult to help without seeing your audio path and audio config.

Note the VB-CABLE is made to connect 2x app together (a player to a recorder). if you want to manage several app, you may use Voicemeeter Banana
see video tutorial with zoom : https://youtu.be/nIpt3jF0Nds
phcorrigan

Post by phcorrigan »

The audio path is OBS to Zoom. It was working on the old system. OBS indicates audio is getting to the cable. Zoom allows me to set the cable as the microphone source, but there is no audio.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

to perform your audio path,
OBS must use the Cable as output device to send audio in. and Zoom will receive the signal since it is using it as Microphone as you said.
if both application OBS and ZOOM are using the cable as microphone, one of them could use it in exclusive mode and prevents other to get signal.

if the problem remains, you may post a screenshot of the VBCABLE Control panel during streaming from OBS to ZOOM