How to fix "Failed to Open Main Output Device (A1) Buffer size cannot be above 2048 samples."?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
chrysolophus

How to fix "Failed to Open Main Output Device (A1) Buffer size cannot be above 2048 samples."?

Post by chrysolophus »

Hi folks,

Today, I've attempted to update voicemeeter banana to 2.0.6.8. However, when I restart my computer I've got an error pop up that says "Failed to Open Main Output Device (A1) Buffer size cannot be above 2048 samples." So, I've tried re-install and reset settings several times but no luck. I haven't changed anything at all. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: How to fix "Failed to Open Main Output Device (A1) Buffer size cannot be above 2048 samples."?

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, we have added a checking on max buffer size because Voicemeeter cannot manage up to 2048 sample buffer size.
this error occurs usually with SoundBlaster ASIO device using 2400 sample buffer size per default (never seen in 30 years).

to fix this problem, you may simply configure your ASIO device with a smaller latency:
for example 20ms (1024 samples) or 10 ms (512 samples) which are usual values.

it seems SoundBlaster did not provide any way to open its ASIO Control Panel, so you can use our ASIO Tester program
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1204

select your ASIO device and go in Menu to open the related control panel, then you will be able to change the latency (buffer size).
chrysolophus

Re: How to fix "Failed to Open Main Output Device (A1) Buffer size cannot be above 2048 samples."?

Post by chrysolophus »

Thank you very much! As you can guess, I have an old Soundblaster Titanium HD that I bought over 10 years ago. :D
The "Creative ASIO ControlPanel" was displayed by the method you taught me. In the initial state, it was like 50ms.
I set it to 20ms and confirmed that VoicemeeterBanana started working properly.
ASIO Test.png
ASIO Test.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 12743 times
By the way, when I changed "Buffering ASIO" from Default to 1024 from the "System settings/Options..." menu of VoiceMeeterBanana, it seemed to work properly, but does this mean the same thing?
System settings.png
System settings.png (77.84 KiB) Viewed 12743 times
Anyway, thank you very much for your support.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for reporting feedback!