voicemeeter does not auto start

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
sopsax

voicemeeter does not auto start

Post by sopsax »

I have RUN APP ON STARTUP checked, as well as SHOW APP ON STARTUP but Voicemeeter still needs me to click the icon to start it after restarting Windows. Does anyone know why? Thank you.
LTEAK

Re: voicemeeter does not auto start

Post by LTEAK »

I have the same problem, consistently in using VoiceMeeter Banana for several months.

In Menu, I have both "Run on Windows Startup" and "System Tray" checked. When Windows is booted VoiceMeeter (Banana in my case) does not load. After loading it manually it does not appear in the System Tray. In Menu though, I find that both options do have the check mark. I have to uncheck and recheck the System Tray option in order to get the icon to show in the tray. I also uncheck and recheck the Run On Windows Startup choice, but as above the next time I boot up Windows I have the same problem again.
LTEAK

Post by LTEAK »

I seem to have fixed the problem.

Both or the executable on my C:\ drive and the shortcut to it on my Desktop, I have gone into Properties and made settings to run Banana as an administrator.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

the usual fix is to uncheck and re-check the option "run on window startup" in Voicemeeter menu.
otherwise check what program is really launched in windows settings -> Startup apps list.

Normally Voicemeeter does not need to be launched in administrator mode.
LTEAK

Post by LTEAK »

I had tried the method you have described, and did so over and over futily. Banana would not act on the settings (although the check marks would still be there). So that's why I decided to try admin permissions and (but with no effect) compatibility mode.

I agree that admin mode should not be needed for this, but in my case for some reason it is. I have no idea why.