Remote Destop connection interrupts VBAN stream

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
pickyaudioguy

Remote Destop connection interrupts VBAN stream

Post by pickyaudioguy »

Whenever I connect using Windows remote desktop to my Windows 10 computer running Voicemeeter (supplying the VBAN audio stream) the audio is temporarily interrupted at the VBAN receiver. It returns after a second or two. The RDP client is set to play audio on remote machine and this always worked flawlessly on Windows 8.1 with no interruptions but Windows 10 seems to have an issue. Has anyone else seen this? Is there something I can configure in the VBAN app or Windows to stop this behavior?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Remote Destop connection interrupts VBAN stream

Post by Vincent Burel »

maybe Windows Remote Desktop is pre-empting audio.
Is Voicemeeeter still running correct during the remote session ?
pickyaudioguy

Post by pickyaudioguy »

Sorry Vincent, got lost for months. Your app runs flawlessly but I think this is the new way Windows works with audio apps when you remote into a machine. Doesn't matter what RDP client app your using, or whether you've selected the Audio to "Play on remote computer" (this setting always worked flawlessly for many years on Win8.1) or "Do not play" (this was incorrect even in the old Win8.1 system). The VBAN "hiccups" (other audio apps that are resilient also "hiccup" rather than crash). If you're recording with Audacity the recording stops. What must be happening is Windows somehow touches the audio subsystem upsetting the software and causing the audio to be somehow reinitialized (just a guess). I detect the audio buffers are possibly cleared.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

You may try the new coming Voicemeeter , currently in test on our Discord server (if you want to). This offer a new driver fully compatible with Win10.
pickyaudioguy

Post by pickyaudioguy »

Ultimately... Many years ago you could remote into Windows and your audio apps didn'y even know your were connecting. No "hiccups" or dropouts.