After years still not wortking well with discord

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
dermaxem

After years still not wortking well with discord

Post by dermaxem »

Hi there,
after a longer time of not using "VM potato" i want to give this thing a new chance.
But all members of my discord-channel let me know taht i sound like a robot, and if i decativate all stuff like "krisp" and "echo cancelation" (and more stuff within discord) i still have sound issues with crackle or scratch. after switching back to direct microphone the issues are gone and i can be heared clearly.
I have Windows 11, Virtual Cable A+B, Voicemeeter potato and like to use this to add sounds from a soundboard (resanance) to my disacordchannel.
That soundbord works like it should, and i can hears the sounds, but the quality is the main problem here.
Discord-Problem? Settings in VM?
Any hints?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: After years still not wortking well with discord

Post by Vincent Burel »

This is a well-known problem you can maybe solve in different ways:

1- set Voicemeeter virtual output (Recording device) default audio format in 48kHz (instead of 44.1) in Windows Sound Dialog box -> Recording Device -> properties -> Advance thumbnail.

2- you can also try to change CPU affinity mask with audiodg and check other topic on this subject:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1518&p=5994
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451&p=6132

Anyway, this is a problem we should solve with the next Voicemeeter Update, since we are preparing new virtual audio cable (new version for Win10/11) expected to fix all reported issues until now.