VoiceMeeter constantly using 36% - 40% CPU

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Adam

VoiceMeeter constantly using 36% - 40% CPU

Post by Adam »

Hello!

Recently, I noticed VM constantly has very high CPU power usage. I do not know when it started nor can I link a specific event to it. I searched through the forum and found this - among other things - and followed the instructions exactly. Doing so did solve any driver errors found using the driver diagnostic tool, but did not affect the high CPU usage.

Any advice on further steps to troubleshoot the issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Adam

EDIT: A couple points worth noting. . .
  1. I originally had the VB Cable Driver Packs (A & B) installed, but have since uninstalled them to help narrow down the possible culprit/s.
  2. Even after following the steps in the link above (including all reboots), all of the settings were restored when I reinstalled VM. Could it be that whatever is causing the high CPU usage is not being uninstalled/removed during the uninstall process?
Adam

Re: VoiceMeeter constantly using 36% - 40% CPU

Post by Adam »

Looks like I've discovered the solution and point #2 of the original post's edit has merit.

There was more than one input "remembered" from the previous installation (and still no sound devices connected to the PC). I noticed the font for the device name of one of the inputs was red. I clicked on that device name and selected " - remove device selection - " from the dropdown and the CPU usage immediately went down to around 5% - give or take.

Perhaps this will be useful to someone in the future.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VoiceMeeter constantly using 36% - 40% CPU

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for reporting, some device can take very high CPU in some cases (difficult to define) also pending on Windows 10 version (for example: on Win10 build 19041, we got many CPU load problem in audio device management).