Macro Buttons & HID

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
SoftwareSamurai

Macro Buttons & HID

Post by SoftwareSamurai »

After updating to Potato 3.0.2.8, I can now see the Macro Buttons & HID support. Very cool!

I've got one of those cheap SNES USB game controllers that Win10 reports as a generic "HID-compliant game controller" device. Using the HID Configuration window, I'm able to find the device. (Interestingly, the HID Current Data keeps flickering wildly.) When I click "Learn" and press a button, it seems to latch onto either a "Byte N = M" or "Bit x = 1" in the "Control Code" box depending on the timing. I've tried clicking OK for either one, but the SNES button still fails to trigger the Macro button. Note: I can see the bit that's changing, but I think the "Learn" is latching onto the wrong bit in the data.

I saved the Macro Button config twice (once for each latched "Control Code" I saw noted above), but I see no difference in the xml files, specifically in the "VBHIDMapItem" entry for that button.

Q1: Is there a way I can edit the raw xml file and assign the correct data bit directly? (Apparently I can't enter it in the "Control Code" box manually.)

Q2: Is there documentation describing the "VBHIDMapItem" entry in the xml file?

Thanks!
SoftwareSamurai

Re: Macro Buttons & HID

Post by SoftwareSamurai »

Quick update: Just for fun, I tried other "HID" devices and found 3 different "devices" that all responded to my keyboard. Two of them actually worked! So perhaps there's something strange about this cheap-o SNES USB game pad I'm trying to use.