VBAN problem

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
jmcinvale

VBAN problem

Post by jmcinvale »

I've got VBAN set up in Voicemeeter Banana on two PCs. The sending PC is Windows 11 the receiving PC is Windows 10.

I got the IP addresses set according to what VBAN shows and a stream is detected on the Windows 10 PC, but I get no audio whatsoever from the stream nor does the sample rate and format change to match what the sending PC is set to.

What's the problem?

Also VBAN shows 1 stream detected, but I see no way to see what the stream is.

It should be the IP address of my Windows 11 PC, but apparently it is not given the problem I'm having, yet it has to be that IP address for it to detect the stream.

Also the info button on both shows the right information and VBAN chat works fine between the two PCs.

Both PCs are connected using ethernet.

Now if I try a stream from the Windows 10- PC to the Windows 11 PC it works fine.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN problem

Post by Vincent Burel »

you can see incoming stream list by right clicking on stream name field.
Then you can select the stream you want to "auto configure" stream name and IP-From with it.

Other point to check is your firewall or all application able to block network activities.

if you need more help, thanks to post screenshot of your VBAN Dialog box.
jmcinvale

Re: VBAN problem

Post by jmcinvale »

I'll try that this afternoon when I get home.

What6 I cannot wrap my head around is how it works sending audio from the W10 PC to the W11 PC but not the W11 PC to the W10 PC even though I have both IP addresses set properly and the info tab for the send on the W11PC shows the W10 PC info and the info tab for the receive shows the W11 PC info.

Now could it be possible that something in W11 is not allowing it to send the proper data stream to the W10 PC?