VBAN Incoming Stream Error numbers?

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
iDrkTV-VM

VBAN Incoming Stream Error numbers?

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

There's no 'red' error blocks, but watching the numbers, there always seems to be numbers here, that gradually go up, over time.. on both computers (dual pc streaming setup).

I've tried many things (changing all incoming/outgoing to optimal/fast/medium/slow, etc inlcuded), but unable to find a way to make the numbers go away. And they seem to be specifically on the incoming streams, on both vban/computers. So, one on the gaming pc, and 4 on the streaming pc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-19 003315.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-19 003315.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 63706 times
2023-08-19 00_30_27-Window.png
2023-08-19 00_30_27-Window.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 63706 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Incoming Stream Error numbers?

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, it count possible error in streaming (for each packet).
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:48 pm yes, it count possible error in streaming (for each packet).
What does this mean? How do I fix it, so it stop having error numbers?

My audio has a slightly noticeable 'pop' sound every now and then. Could these errors be causing that?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

You may get this information in user manual page 34:
https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Voicem ... Manual.pdf

ERROR LED: shown on the right are blinking red in case of reception errors:
1- Overload: we received too much packets (audio stream comes too fast)
2- Corrupt: we received corrupted packets
3- Disorder: we received older packets
4- Missing: we missed packets (lost)
5- Underrun: not enough packets received (audio stream comes too slow or is stopped).

REM: If too much overload & underrun errors are appearing, you may change the Network
Quality parameter to FAST or more SLOW settings.
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:10 pm You may get this information in user manual page 34:
https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Voicem ... Manual.pdf

ERROR LED: shown on the right are blinking red in case of reception errors:
1- Overload: we received too much packets (audio stream comes too fast)
2- Corrupt: we received corrupted packets
3- Disorder: we received older packets
4- Missing: we missed packets (lost)
5- Underrun: not enough packets received (audio stream comes too slow or is stopped).

REM: If too much overload & underrun errors are appearing, you may change the Network
Quality parameter to FAST or more SLOW settings.
Yeah, I saw those posts and that manual.. However, as I stated, I've tried all speeds.. And had no luck at eliminating these numbers? So I was asking for some assistance in maybe something I'm missing or an average issue-causing situation that looks like this?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

You cannot get zero error! because just starting or stopping the stream will increase error counter.
The important point is to have a very small amount of error during the streaming.
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:21 am You cannot get zero error! because just starting or stopping the stream will increase error counter.
The important point is to have a very small amount of error during the streaming.
OH! I did not know that. Thank you! I was unaware. I do hear a small tiny 'pop' of static sound every now and then. Just a brief pop here and there. I've tried to find out what's causing it, but to no avail. I thought maybe the error numbers were causing it.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you hear about cut/pop in the sound, it can be due to VBAN error, but sometimes not.
to be sure it comes from VBAN error, you may see error coming (error counter increased) when hearing the pop / cut.
VBAN single error are expected to be not hearable, but sometimes we can hear a "tic".