Cable-B Output Levels

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
LinuxDevice

Cable-B Output Levels

Post by LinuxDevice »

I'm using VoiceMeeter Potato with Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Mostly I have it working. However, I'm also using all of the virtual cables, and although Windows can test and use Cable-B correctly (including volume indicator and volume adjustments), this seems to be ignored by VoiceAttack audio output.

Within VoiceAttack it is set to output to Cable-B. However, the volume control for all cables have no effect for VoiceAttack despite it working in Windows when I use the Windows audio device testing function. Do I need to look at something other than what VoiceAttack audio output goes to? All VoiceAttack audio output is set to Cable-B, and to always override default devices and to go only go to Cable-B. I don't know where to start, but I suspect I just have some concept which is wrong and perhaps VoiceAttack output to Cable-B is not what I think it is.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Cable-B Output Levels

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, our VB-CABLE and VAIO do not implement gain management (like real cable).

however, our new generation of virtual audio driver will offer Windows Volume Control on Playback devices (by Option in Control Panel).
LinuxDevice

Re: Cable-B Output Levels

Post by LinuxDevice »

Is there a method by which I can adjust audio gain for one application (like VoiceAttack or Discord) independently of the main volume? The Potato program shows volume control for various virtual cable outputs, but I suppose what I really need is to separate inputs. Windows 10 does show those inputs, testing the inputs works from the Windows test button. What doesn't work is adjusting the volume on other applications via Potato (at least it doesn't work to independently control audio from different applications).