screen blanking out after new GPU added

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
cinnkid

screen blanking out after new GPU added

Post by cinnkid »

Hi, I hope someone has a clue what is happening.
I have been using Voicemeeter banana for about 8 years

Bought Black Friday Amazon New MSI  GPU RTX 4060 2x 8G OC

Problem: The new GPU runs fine, playing games, regular work, Excel, Photoshop, Chrome browser, Brave.  However, I DJ/host 2-hour live music using VoiceMeeter with RadioDJ over shoutcast.  I prep for 2 hours (new songs, arranging playlists, previewing music, etc.). During that prep, after using the PC all day, there were no problems; then 30 minutes into the prep, the screen blanks out for 3 seconds on 3 seconds repeatedly. Reboot, still doing screen still blanking; I can hear a click each time in my headset. The first time I fixed it by clean uninstall of RTX driver in Win Safe mode, I was able to do the live set.  Next day, prep again for another set; used PC all day, no problem; 30 minutes into prep, the blanking happens again.   I tried older RTX driver it worked for about 10 min then started blanking out again.  I reset Windows 10 to the restore point, prior to the first blackout, it appeared to work until I had to prep for the next set.  I gave up and put my old GTX 1060 3g back in with no problems.

Any help is appreciated.

My Setup
Windows 10 Pro. 64b
CPU i5-12600K
MB Asus Prime Z690-P D4
GPU RTX 4060 2x 8G OC
Ram Corsair 32 Gig 2-16g DDR4-3200/PC4-25600
C Drive  SSD 1TB
voicemeeter ver 2.0.6.8
VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43.zip
VBCABLE_A_B_Driver_Pack43.zip 

Note: I rebuilt my 2015 PC in July 2023, CPU,MB,Ram,SSD,. I kept old case and 750 watt power supply.

I don't think the power supply is bad, or when the GPU is playing an intensive game, the blank problem should occur.
cinnkid

Re: screen blanking out after new GPU added

Post by cinnkid »

I wondered if voicemeeter drivers might need to be reinstalled after the new RTX 4060 drivers.
However, prepping to clean uninstall the voicemeeter driver/cables I came across that I had installed another audio AI app, just prior to screen blanking issue started.

I uninstalled that application, reinstalled the RTX 4060 and did DJ set prep as I had when the blanking kept re-occurring on multiple days of set prep after running all day fine.

So far after a day of testing and set prep appears resolved.