Mic Listen Delay? (After newest windows update)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iDrkTV-VM

Mic Listen Delay? (After newest windows update)

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Hello,

I've noticed that, as I always have A1 on, in my case, it's to hear my mic feed in my headset as I speak.. that after the newest Windows update, there's a half second delay on my voice going to my headset. It's no longer instant. However, there was no delay added going over vban to my streaming PC, etc. So, not sure why the 'listen' option is delayed, now?

Anyone hear anything on this?

I hate windows updates. Always messing things up. x_x
iDrkTV-VM

Re: Mic Listen Delay? (After newest windows update)

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

...?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Voicemeeter cannot generate 500ms delay (max is around 70) so you may have a problem on other place.
we recommend to read this topic about latency optimization: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:38 am Voicemeeter cannot generate 500ms delay (max is around 70) so you may have a problem on other place.
we recommend to read this topic about latency optimization: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=480
Thanks for the reply. I'm a dumb dumb, so your post just goes over my head.

My setup has worked fine for years. This latest windows update is what added the delay. All settings and everything are the same, so I'm unsure where the delay would be coming from. I tried to change from WDM to MME, etc. Nothing helped. So, I came here. 😔
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, the problem can be in the way Win11 is managing our Virtual IO... I don't know... But Voicemeeter itself usually cannot generate such delay (out of the monitoring delay option in system settings).

Tomorrow we will post a new version of Voicemeeter (on our Discord server), if you want to test it, maybe this will change something.
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am well, the problem can be in the way Win11 is managing our Virtual IO... I don't know... But Voicemeeter itself usually cannot generate such delay (out of the monitoring delay option in system settings).

Tomorrow we will post a new version of Voicemeeter (on our Discord server), if you want to test it, maybe this will change something.
Sounds good. I will give it a try!

And I'm on windows 10, still. Trying to put off 11 as long as I can.

Got a link to the Discord handy?
iDrkTV-VM

Post by iDrkTV-VM »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am well, the problem can be in the way Win11 is managing our Virtual IO... I don't know... But Voicemeeter itself usually cannot generate such delay (out of the monitoring delay option in system settings).

Did that new version go live, today? And do you have a link to the discord so I can grab it?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes the new Voicemeeter is in test on our Discord server.