New VAIO Extension vs VB Audio Cables

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
PresidentJade

New VAIO Extension vs VB Audio Cables

Post by PresidentJade »

Thank you for the Voicemeeter 2024 major update. It's awesome!

But I do have a question about the new VAIO Extension.

Previously I had purchased and was using the VB Audio Cables (A, B, C, and D).

So now my question Is: is there any difference in quality between the VB Audio Cables and the VAIO Extension? Does one perform better than the other?
And is there one you'd recommend over the other?

Thank you for letting me know :)
j3yps

Re: New VAIO Extension vs VB Audio Cables

Post by j3yps »

interested to know as well
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

VAIO extensions are better integrated to Voicemeeter (Voicemeeter use a direct access to use its driver as virtual audio I/O). While VB-CABLEs can be used through Windows audio interface only (WDM, KS, MME).

VAIO extensions are pending on Voicemeeter and a specific license (donationware for activation code) while VB-CABLE's are not pending on Voicemeeter (can be used with any couple of applications) and are distributed as simple donationware or donationware for download.

these are basically the main differences.
j3yps

Post by j3yps »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:19 am VAIO extensions are better integrated to Voicemeeter (Voicemeeter use a direct access to use its driver as virtual audio I/O). While VB-CABLEs can be used through Windows audio interface only (WDM, KS, MME).

VAIO extensions are pending on Voicemeeter and a specific license (donationware for activation code) while VB-CABLE's are not pending on Voicemeeter (can be used with any couple of applications) and are distributed as simple donationware or donationware for download.

these are basically the main differences.
Thanks for the precise explanation